As a volunteer for the Naples Public Library located at 940 Roosevelt Trail in Naples Maine I wanted to share some important information that people from away may or may not know about the library. It has been serving the residents and visitors of the Lakes’ Region since 1907 and continues to thrive today.
The Library offers a variety of regular meetings, social events, and other services designed to entertain, educate, and meet the needs of our patrons and visitors.
1. • Free Wireless connection both within the Library and on the grounds
2. • Free use of our desktop and laptop computers in the Adult and Children’s Library
3. • Interlibrary Loan – if we do not have your desired book, we can offer find it for you for a $2 fee
4. • Copying, faxing, scanning available at a nominal charge
5. • Meeting room available, by reservation, for local non-profit groups
6. • Meet the Author events
7. • Monthly Book Discussion Group: get together with fellow book-lovers to read and discuss
8. • Fancy a game of Scrabble? Our Scrabble Club is always looking for new players
9. • Mini-Art Show Walk/Bake Sale every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving
10. • Educational and entertainment programs for adults and children offered regularly on many topics
11. • Gently used books, videos, and puzzles at bargain prices in our Book Barn. Open all library hours
For Kids & Family
1. • Kids N’ Kameras Photography Workshops
2. • Story Time for Beginning Readers offered weekly
3. • Special events for children and the young at heart
4. • Family Art Night each month, bring the family and create your own masterpieces
5. • Free movie nights for kids and families, often offering the latest popular films
6. • Discounted passes to Gray Animal Farm, USM Planetarium and Children’s Museum by reservation
If you have any time, please stop by and meet the people who continue to make the library worth entering.
The website is: www.naples.lib.me.us